Why am I optimistic about the Move language
who I am?
My technical titles used to be: gguoss, Guanghua, Guo Daxia, Gavin Guo, GG. I am a blockchain technical engineer.
- I have been engaged in the development of the underlying framework of the blockchain for a long time. I can trace it from my github records. When EOS failed to pass, I gave him the first pass. There was an EOSC warehouse before. When there was no substrate framework, I first separated ChainX from the polkadot framework, the earliest substrate chain to go online.
- In the direction of blockchain, I help the central bank and the public security department to do research and development on the underlying framework of the blockchain.
- Applied for a large number of patents in the direction of blockchain technology. For example, "cross-chain model of chain network structure", "threshold signature based on BTC Taproot and Signal protocol".
- 5 years ago, I did a lot of technical framework sermons, and the predictions on today's blockchain technology are still true. github blog.
So why haven't I done an update on the Tech Framework blog in 5 years? Because within 5 years of the blockchain, there have been many killer applications in Dapp, such as Uniswap/aavax/maker dao. But the underlying framework technology has not been much iterated.
I don't have much to write about, and I'm doubting the Ethereum killer I've been after: EOS/Cardano/Cosmos/Polkadot. But I was still won by Ethereum, so in endless self-doubt, 2 years ago, I did ComingChat. Inspired by Web2's QQ/WeChat. WeChat is the best portal I have ever seen in web2. With the dream of making a web3 portal as easy to use as WeChat/QQ, I made ComingChat.
Vaguely saw the emergence of the third-generation public chain framework technology.
Until the emergence of Sui/Aptos, I thought the same as everyone. Why does the top capital in the global crypto circle spend so much money to invest in the Move project? Is it to cut leeks? With the attitude of learning and falsification, I went to learn Move deeply. This time I got a lot.
I feel that the pursuit of technological change in the underlying framework of the blockchain, which I gave up 5 years ago, has returned. Now I divide the blockchain into 2 categories,
- The first generation of blockchain is a UTXO account system blockchain architecture focused on cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
- The second-generation blockchain is a tree-structured account system blockchain architecture focusing on smart contracts in the financial sector, Ethereum.
The limitations of Bitcoin are: It is difficult to program Dapps in non-Turing-complete scripting languages.
The limitations of Ethereum are: 1. The account system organized in a tree structure is difficult to run in parallel, which limits TPS. 2. It is difficult to coordinate programming on a large scale and spend a lot of time on security with grassroots contract programming supported by EVM/Solidity.
From the appearance of Sui/Move, I saw the potential of Sui to become the third-generation blockchain technology architecture. A concurrent system supported by the table data structure as the storage model. Based on the palace-level blockchain development language Move. Take the GameFi field as the main application for future scenarios.
Because of this, our Team has made two product dockings that cater to this era.
- MoveChina. Aims to be the largest Move language Chinese community. Why is it named MoveChina, because the letters of China and Chain are the same, which means to help the Chinese Move Chain and its ecology.
- Game NFT trading platform on Sui and chain game stdio similar to WeChat applet. This all relies on the existing SocialFI module of ComingChat (the decentralized digital identity CID stands for "people", omniwallet stands for "money", chat+dao circle of friends stands for "social". These three modules on comingchat are basically online), Combine it into ComingChat to make a complete QQ system similar to web2.
Why are you optimistic about the Move language.
I was translating a lot of Move-related technical documents and browsed the conclusions drawn from the code. The document is basically released move Chinese Community.
Some wonderful documents such as:
The conclusion is: Move language is the future trend of blockchain smart contract programming.
The reasons are as follows:
- Move language is Facebook's Libra team. The top professionals have invested a lot of money and manpower to carefully analyze the advantages and disadvantages of current smart contract programming. There is a complete plan and purpose. For example, the Move language has a complete and detailed white paper.
- Asset-oriented programming, inspired by the Rust language (language level to ensure memory management safety, let the compiler and rules to constrain the programmer, so as to avoid bad programmers to manage memory). The Move language also manages asset security at the language level, avoiding the need for bad smart contract developers to write contract code. Taking Solidity as an example, for example, Gavin Wood, the father of Solidity, has twice caused serious security incidents in smart multi-signature contracts written in solidity language.
- No dynamic calls. Similar to RUST, it avoids C++'s runtime memory allocation and management. Take the code from the static level and determine the security of the contract before running.
- Formal proof. Spec code and move program code together can provide an order of magnitude stronger security verification guarantee than previously written test cases.
- Massive collaborative programming. The modular structure of the move language is clear, which can be applied to the collaborative development of large-scale personnel.
- Module and Script combination. A code and database for doing specialized accumulation wood. Another executive program dedicated to making Dapps. Let the Move chain increase the richness of the entire blockchain system with the development of code and data. Similar to artificial intelligence training systems, the more data that is input, the more valuable the system is.
Why are you optimistic about Sui?
- Strong technical background, when the Move language was in Libra, Sui CTO Sam took the lead in developing it. The CEO Evan Cheng of Sui is also a technology god, focusing on research related to compilation systems such as LLVM.
- The basis of Sui's Table mode concurrent programming, of course, this is inherited from the idea of Libra. Aptos also supports it.
- The positioning of the Sui is accurate. Game public chain. Ethereum is temporarily on the Defi track, just like BTC on the currency track. The consensus is solid and difficult to surpass. But in the GameFi field, there has always been a lack of the best game public chain platform.
- Move's code repository, currently under the leadership of the Sui team, continues to update and iterate.
Everything has just started, but everything has already started. Welcome to our Move Chinese community (https://move-china.com/) to discuss and learn related Move knowledge.